Parents You Need to Watch this!
Lacing Up – helping Novice players develop their off-ice skills
Lacing Up is a free, optional, fun, interactive, online, game-based program that helps players aged 6-8 years learn the fundamentals of being a successful, respectful hockey player. Lacing Up focuses on the off-ice skills players need to know to stay healthy, play fair, support their teammates, respect officials, and contribute positively to their team.
The hour-long program features stories, adventures, games, and quizzes “hosted” by five young animated characters and their coach. Topics include:
· Long Term Player Development: growth and development, nutrition, hydration, and sleep.
· Playing fair: the Hockey Canada Fair Play Pledge, respect for teammates, officials, and opponents, and recognizing that everyone makes mistakes.
· Bullying: types of bullying, and what to do if you are the target of bullying, or if you see it happening to someone else.
· Respect: for the game, each other, and ourselves.
Up and coming hockey players who are just “lacing up” are encouraged to complete this program with a parent or other adult in the household.
To Access Lacing Up
1. Go to: lacingupalberta.respectgroupinc.com
2. Select Register Your Profile
3. Parents/Guardians with an existing Respect in Sport, Respect in Sport Parent Program, Respect in the Workplace, or Respect in School profile: Click the button Lookup. Once you have found your profile and completed registration, you will be prompted to associate existing children to Lacing Up, or Add New Children to your profile
4. New users for Respect Group programs: Click Register. Parents/Guardians should register themselves in the system first, then follow the prompts to add children to their profile.
5. Have fun with Coach Mike and the team!